In this section you will find an explanation, posted each month, which describes the current month in terms of the Heavenly Stems and Earthly Branches. I will make some simple predictions as to what the month may hold. The animal signs in conflict (see Clash and Penalty) for the coming month will be listed.
- February 4th 2013: The Month of the Yang Wood Tiger – Flying Star 2
- March 6th 2013: The Month of the Yin Wood Rabbit –Flying Star 1
- April 5th 2013: The Month of the Yang Fire Dragon – Flying Star 9
- May 5th 2013: The Month of the Yin Fire Snake - Flying Star 8
- June 6th 2013: The Month of the Yang Earth Horse - Flying Star 7
- July 7th 2013: The Month of the Yin Earth Goat - Flying Star 6
- August 7th 2013: The Month of the Yang Metal Monkey - Flying Star 5
Yang metal is often associated with heavy weapons and aggression (such as tanks) and since the monkey is also of the metal element we might expect a month of increased violence and military aggression. Metal is also associated with breathing organs in Chinese medicine so there are likely to be more issues around breathing problems and lungs diseases for the month. Those of you who have been keeping an eye on my annual forecasts will not have been surprised by the number of train crashes so far in this the year of the water snake.
The fire penalty is extra strong this month and those born in the years/months/days of the Tiger, Snake and Monkey are reminded to be extra vigilant in wearing their pendants during this month. The animal in clash this month is the Tiger.
- September 2013: The Month of the Yin Metal Rooster – Flying Star 4
This month sees the Heavenly Stem of Yin Metal sitting on the Earthly Branch of the Rooster, which itself is of complex metal nature. The Rooster holds not only metal, but is the birth place of yin fire, normally associated with explosive fire, so the Rooster is often by extension, deemed to bring with it, the risk of increased fire. The month of the Rooster started yesterday on the 8th September.
- October 8th 2013: The Month of the Yang Water Dog – Flying Star 3
- November 7th 2013: The Month of the Yin Water Pig – Flying Star 2
- December 7th 2013: The Month of the Yang Wood Rat – Flying Star 1
- January 6th 2014: The Month of the Yin Wood Ox – Flying Star 9